Mark your calendar for this FREE, all-age, intercultural community arts, music & culture festival at Riley Park (across from Nat Bailey Stadium) on Saturday, June 23 11am-3pm!
This year’s festival features live music, dance, food carts, arts/crafts, community mural painting, bike and gardening workshops, children’s activities, a mini carnival, and seniors’ tea among others. This year’s festival themed “Make, Shake & Take” is a joint partnership between Little Mountain Neighbourhood House, Riley Park Community Association and Hillcrest Community Centre.
Come DANCE, PLAY, MAKE, LEARN…and celebrate this diverse, vibrant & resilient neighbourhood with us!
* Main stage live music & dance featuring Buckman Coe, Master Kwasi (Iruoje), Chris Ronald, Noah Franche-Nolan, Monika Schoenenberger, and dancers led by Kim Dang & Lycia Rodrigues.
* Do-it-yourself arts & crafts, including button making, knitting/crochet lessons, and jewelry making.
* Bike maintenance, gardening & backyard chicken coop workshops, plus a bee keeping demo!
* A full-on community mural painting led by the Drift (http://www.thedrift.ca/).
* Children’s activities, complete with a bouncy castle!
* A mini carnival led by the youth team at Hillcrest Community Centre: carnival games, chalk-it-up, popcorn, cotton candy and a whole lot of confetti!
* Food carts, including Cartel Taco (http://bit.ly/KqbbLy) & one of the 12 new carts arriving on the scene: Soho Road Naan Kebab (http://bit.ly/w6le2P).
Drop by, stay a while, and share your neighbourhood pride!
Make Shake & Take 20th Annual Little Mountain and Riley Park Community Festival
Saturday, June 23rd, 2012 11am – 3pm
Riley Park – Ontario Street at East 30th Avenue, Vancouver, BC [map]